Nightcliff Primary School and a primary school Affiliated to Hefei Normal School (China), have now signed an MOA to become sister schools in order to develop friendship and cooperation between our two schools and promote mutual understanding and cultural awareness between the Northern Territory, Australia and Anhui Province, People’s Republic of China. This will be a wonderful opportunity for our students to develop sister school program goals as stated below.
SISTER SCHOOL PROGRAM GOALS
1. To strengthen and enhance the Friendship Province Agreement between the Northern Territory and Anhui Province;
2. To strengthen relationships, understanding and appreciation between people in the Northern Territory and Anhui Province;
3. To increase cultural awareness and respect for each other’s cultures;
4. To provide opportunities for students, teachers and school leaders to develop skills which enhance the relationship;
5. To develop ties of friendship through regular communication;
6. To build an international perspective within the school and to develop students into citizens who are globally engaged, embracing of diversity and with the skills to operate effectively across cultures with different world views and belief systems.
Nuon Solar Car Team
The Nuon Solar Car team from the Netherlands biannually base their team and solar car at NPS in preparation for the International Solar car Challenge from Darwin to Adelaide. There is always much excitement at our school with the arrival of the Nuon Solar Car team next who are next visiting in 2019. The Nuna 8 car in 2017 was the winning team and students had the opportunity to observe and discuss the teams preparation for their engineering planning and road trials which are carried out at the Batchelor air strip. This is such an amazing opportunity for our students to be associated with 18 young engineers and to observe the members of a world class solar racing team preparing their international winning car.